Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Postcard memoir

I recently found an old postcard that a friend had sent me during her summer vacation spent in the wilderness somewhere out in Colorado. It was the summer before our senior year of high school. 

Here's the postcard I received from her.


It somehow ended up in the corner of my closet along with several other things I managed to save throughout the years. They are now all living in a little box somewhere in my closet. This skunk postcard from my high school friend is probably one of the oldest things in that box and the funniest. It's always made me laugh when reading it. Even till this day.

Here's what she wrote:

Hey Clare!
I saw this postcard and it screamed "CLARE". No really it did - I was so scared, I was bulled into buying it. The mysteries of the Grand Canyon. 
Yups, I'm camping out here in the wilderness - it's gorgeous up here in the forest, saw dear, turkey, grasshoppers, and ax murderers. While traveling 'round, road temp climbed up as high as 107F, luckily we had AC. 
The several pit stops we've made had NICE bathrooms, though after today my standards have dropped considerably. I mean, after crapping in a shit hole - it really doesn't matter.


Good humor ages well and never grows old - cheers to that my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY HELLO! WRITE A LETTER